This course is..
Especially created for people living in urban spaces
Requires minimal multi-purpose kitchen equipment
Focuses on safe nourishing herbs
Gives personal support from a tutor who you can actually talk to when needed
Who is this course for?
- The Urban Herbology Crafting Course is for people who want to learn how to create a wide range of herbal lotions, potions, pills and projects from scratch, under the guidance of an experienced and approachable city-based herbology tutor.
- Those who want to take some control of their own health and well being by incorporating nourishing and local urban herbs into their lives.
- Those who are looking for ways to safely deal with simple ailments and who know the value of being able to make these themselves.
- For those who want to know how to incorporate more interesting, innovative and sustainable herbs into herbal products.
- Who want to see the course through, improve personal skills and earn a certificate which shows the types of preparation which you have learned how to craft.
Who is this course not for?
People who don't want to make home remedies themselves. You will need to actually try the projects in this course.
People who fear urban foraging (you don't need to forage the herbs but it helps and the course does encourage it).
People who want a course diploma to obtain insurance to sell herbal remedies to the public and make claims about their uses, but who have not completed the necessary Anatomy and Physiology or other relevant training elsewhere to satisfy local requirements.
People who are uncomfortable with reading about honey, ghee and some other non-vegan products. The course does contain some animal-sourced ingredients, such as honey and ghee. Suede is also mentioned in the weaving unit. Alternatives are offered for all of these but those who prefer to exclude all animal sourced products may not feel comfortable about some of the units. Vegan students have been really helpful over the years, in helping to add and test out more plant-based alternatives for some of these herb crafting ingredients.
No experience is required - Just a desire to increase your herbal self-sufficiency.
The study time for this course is generally around 30 hours. That covers reading through the online material, getting started with the crafting projects and sending some feedback to your tutor and fellow students. Some of the projects are quite quick, other need weeks or even months to mature.
You can move through the course at your own pace and reach out for help whenever you need it. The average completion time is 8 months.
This course is online with personal support via email, a private Facebook group and a course forum. There are also optional Zoom meetings and workshops available in Amsterdam with your course tutor.
If you are currently studying at a College or University and can provide evidence of that, you will qualify for a 25% reduction on the course fees. This is because we really want as many people as possible to be empowered by the knowledge that we have to share. Being able to skillfully craft your own herbal products is a gift that everyone should have!
1. Discount on Urban Herbology walks
50% off the regular price of Urban Herbology walks for everyone on this course.
2. Remedies Module
Urban Herbology Remedies module is also included in the course.
3. Plant Profiles
From the Urban Herbology Foraging Course - To help you to learn about the properties of some very helpful urban herbs.
Your Herbology Tutor
The tutor for this course is Lynn Shore, an experienced teacher of urban foraging and herbology, based in Amsterdam NL. She has been working in this field for the past 25 years and teaching via Urban Herbology for the past 10 years. For her resume, click here.
Register here to get started!